The National Women’s Council of Ireland
The National Women’s Council of Ireland (NWCI) is the leading national women’s membership organisation seeking equality between women and men, founded in 1973.
We represent our membership which includes 170 member groups as well as a wide range of individual members from a diversity of backgrounds, sectors and locations.
Our mission is to lead and to be a catalyst for change in the achievement of equality between women and men. We articulate the views and experiences of our members and make sure their voices are heard wherever decisions are made which affect the lives of women.
Our vision is of an Ireland, and of a world, where there is full equality between women and men.
Trinity College Dublin
At Trinity College Dublin, the University of Dublin we provide a liberal environment where independence of thought is highly valued and all are encouraged to achieve their potential. We promote a diverse, interdisciplinary, inclusive environment which nurtures ground-breaking research, innovation, and creativity through engaging with issues of global significance.
Located in a beautiful campus in the heart of Dublin’s city centre, Trinity is Ireland’s highest ranked university and one of the world’s top 100. It is home to 17,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students across all the major disciplines in the arts and humanities, and in business, law, engineering, science, and health sciences.
Trinity’s tradition of independent intellectual inquiry has produced some of the world’s finest, most original minds including the writers Oscar Wilde and Samuel Beckett (Nobel laureate), the scientists William Rowan Hamilton and Ernest Walton (Nobel laureate), the political thinker Edmund Burke, and the former President of Ireland and UNHCR Mary Robinson. This tradition finds expression today in a campus culture of scholarship, innovation, creativity, entrepreneurship and dedication to societal reform.
Membership of the 7WCWMH Local Advisory Committee
- Orla O Connor, Director, National Women’s Council of Ireland (NWCI)
- Jacqueline Healy, Women’s Health & Human Rights Officer, NWCI
- Prof. Veronica O Keane, Trinity College Dublin
- Eddie Ward, Project Manager Health Inequalities, Health Service Executive
- Susan Kent, Deputy Chief Nursing Officer (Women’s Health), Department of Health
- Owen Metcalfe, Chief Executive, Institute of Public Health
- Dr. Shari McDaid, Director, Mental Health Reform and member of Healthy Ireland Council
- Dr. Rachel Cullivan, College of Psychiatrists of Ireland.
- Dr. Helen Johnston, Senior Policy Analyst, National Economic & Social Council (NESC)
- Dr Jane Pillinger, Independent Consultant on Health
- Dr. Sabina Brennan, School of Psychology & Institute of Neuroscience, TCD
- Terri Levine, Maternal and Child Health, Rotunda Hospital
- Aoife Smith, Migrant Rights Centre Ireland
- Ailbhe Smyth, Action for Choice
- Tonya Myles, General Manager, Cairde
- Maeve Taylor, Senior Research and Policy Manager, Irish Family Planning Association
- Caitriona Gleeson, Research and Policy Manager, Safe Ireland
- Ronnie Fay, Director, Pavee Point Traveller and Roma Centre
- Felicity Kennedy, former Director, Women’s Therapy Centre
- Peggy Maguire, European Institute of Women’s Health